- First thing to do will be to check our gitlab issues if this bug is already known.
- If not create an issue with the
Bug templateand try to describe the bug as good as possible, include screenshots if needed.
- Upload the log file for additional information which can help us identify the issue. See below how to get logs. (Note: make sure no sensitive information is included in the log files)
- Submit the issue
Tip: Incase you do not want to create an gitlab account you can join our discord
and report the bug in
If you encounter problems with Veloren, we might ask you for logs or a trace. This tutorial shows you how to collect the logs, depending on your operating system, and the way you have installed Veloren.
By default Veloren server and Voxygen will both produce logs.
They are printed in the terminal/cmd and to a file, called
voxygen.log.<todays_date>. It even prints where the file is located to terminal/cmd:
Nov 25 01:40:14.388 INFO veloren_voxygen::logging: Setup terminal and file logging. logdir="/mnt/games/cargo-build/debug/userdata/voxygen/logs"
By default the granularity is
INFO, but please provide logs on
TRACE level (as shown below).
Search for a message called
Tracing is successfully set to TRACE to verify
TRACE level is enabled.
- Start airshipper with
- When the game starts it will print to the terminal the location of the log file. Check Airshipper page.
- Start voxygen with
TRACElevel in terminal:
RUST_LOG="trace" ./target/debug/veloren-voxygen # or RUST_LOG="trace" cargo run
- Copy trace from terminal or the log file mentioned above.
- Opening a CMD.
On Windows press
Windows key + R. Then type
airshipper run -vvand hit enter.
- Run the game (till you encounter the problem).
- The logs should be located in
%Appdata%/airshipper/profiles/default/userdata/voxygen/logsOr check Airshipper page.
-> See Linux/Compiled above
- Open a CMD.
- Go to your veloren folder with the
cd C:\Users\<Your Username>\Desktop\veloren.
set RUST_LOG=trace&& veloren-voxygen.exeand hit enter (exactly like here, without whitespace before
- The logs will now be printed to the CMD and the folder